Not all strategies are created equal and when you are working on your company strategy you need to remember the level you are planning at.
Focusing on the legal and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Maintaining and renewing the licence to operate
Concerned with the selection of businesses in which the company should compete and resource allocation.
- Choosing which businesses to be in
- How to allocate resources among existing businesses
Achieving sustainable competitive advantage in single industry
- Business positioning
- Influencing the nature of competition
The strategic issues at the functional level are related to business processes and the value chain.
- Functional departments (e.g. operations, HR etc) creating actions that supporting and aligning to business strategy