Some more insights following on from my last blog post from John Devine.
1. You need to know/ develop the organisation strategy and deliver it
In order to do this you need input and feedback loops (in order to calibrate) from the:
- Internal environment (risks, challenges, options)
- External environment (context, cycle, major risks, regulation)
2. Do you understand your organisation?
- Value proposition
- What your organisation does
- How things really get done
3. What is your internal value chain?
- Are you a product, service or manufacturer (or a mix of these)?
- What do you really do?
- Do you need to change what you do?
4. What is your process/ strategy for your place in the market?
5. Do you know your strengths and weaknesses?
- Leverage and extend your strengths
- Minimise your weaknesses (by outsourcing or delegating)
6. What stage is your organisation in market maturity?
- Business as usual? – efficiency, execution
- Crisis management? – task orientated, fast, decision making
- Strategy development?
What Every COO Should Know About Their Business